May 24, 2010
Happy Monday, everybody!
What fun I had yesterday with my cousin Cathy. You'll have to wait till tomorrow to see TED ("The Elaine Dress") in all its glory in our photo shoot, but I think you're going to like it.
I'm very excited to announce that the winner of the Vogue pattern "Pay it Forward" giveaway is....
Littlecottondresses, please email me at email@example.com with your mailing address so I can get this pattern to you ASAP. (We'll be wanting to see your version by late June, btw.)
But enough cliffhangers. Let's briefly review the week.
I think you'll agree that last week had two oddly related themes: polyester and The Selfish Seamstress (never thought I'd see those words in the same sentence.).
1. My 1953 project put on hold due to a polyester brocade meltdown (or rather, ravel-out), I switched gears to the princess-seamed "designer fashion" dress pattern Elaine sent me, 1974's Simplicity 6672.
2. I purchased new fabric for my 1953 dress: black and oyster cotton sateen.
3. Remember this 1920s pattern from last week?
Well, I decided all good things come in twos. I won this on eBay on Tuesday!
Twenty-three skidoo and boop-boo-de-doop!
As for the week to come...
1. Wednesday is the first anniversary of my very first sewing machine purchase. That's right: on May 26, 2009 it all started, and what a year it's been! I have to figure out how best to celebrate it. Any ideas?
2. Clean sewing area (I know, I know, this shows up a lot).
3. Choose my next project; not sure what's next.
Now how about all of you? (Nagging Alert)
Vintagegal: Did you finish your summer dress (made out of curtains)? San Antonio Sue: How are those jeans coming along? In The Heyday: Did you finish hemming your 40's dress? Can we see it? Stella: You MUST tell us more about that chicken. Smartypantalons: Did you post your Etsy patterns? Anything good? Karen: Are you still knee-deep in home dec projects? (send your old curtains to Vintagegal!) Mz. Whitney: What did you do with your white stretch denim? Melanie Jade: We want updates on that wedding dress!
Kids, you've been doing well -- most of you, that is. For those of you who've finished your projects, please treat yourself to a nice ice cream pop in celebration of my one-year sewing anniversary. For those of you who have not finished your projects, we'll save you the sticks. OK, we'll give you a bite, but then it's right back to work. Tempus fugit!
Oh, what the hell, ice cream pops for everyone!
Have a great Monday, everybody and don't forget to catch Cathy's debut tomorrow in wide-screen celadon polyester.