Mar 22, 2010
Good morning, everyone!
Spring has arrived at last, and with it all the new life and energy the season brings. Let's harness some of that life force as we proceed with our sewing projects.
For me, last week flew by like a Ralph Lauren sheet in the wind. And speaking of... Did anyone ever look as lovely in old linens as the little lass pictured above? I don't know how she does it, but my cousin Cathy really knows how to work used bedding.
Now on to the week in review:
1. We all know by now I settled my debts with Cathy by whipping up the above McCall's Joan Collins outfit. I even got her two pairs of shoes. She has nothing to complain about for the next month, I daresay.
2. Yesterday I was reminded of this popular entry I wrote mid-week when Michael insisted on wearing his seersucker pajama bottoms outside as pants (groan).
If there was ever a garment that screamed sleepwear it's this one (not to mention that even white underwear shows through). Outraged, I re-read my article and was reminded that once we give our little projects away, they truly are out of our hands. We can roll our eyes and mutter under our breath (and should!) but we really must let it go.
Who knew finishing seams would prove to be such a rich topic? To be honest, I'm glad I don't live with a few you; you'd probably make me undress and inspect my overcasting.
3. Today I hope to receive the 29 vintage patterns I purchased last week on eBay (in one lot, of course). I should have more to say about these tomorrow.
4. I forgot to share these two vintage flat sheets I picked up at the Salvation Army last week. A muted floral:
And a mustard-yellow solid:
Who knows what they'll become?
And now for the week to come:
1. I think it's time to sew myself some pants. I'm not sure what style or what fabric, but I'm feeling the urge.
2. I'm embarrassed to admit I'm not sure what else. I'm a little worn out from the weekend and I need to think through where I go from here. I welcome your suggestions and guidance, as always.
But enough about me!
Have you seen Bishojo Mandy's recently completed ruffled shirt? She claims it's slightly too big and honestly, I'm secretly hoping it's Cathy's size because my cousin would love it. Beautiful.
Somebody's getting the job done!
How about the rest of you?
Debi: How are those 1941 trousers coming along? We want to see them before 2041. Moxie Tonic: Have you managed to get any pictures taken yet? If not, how about an etching? Ripple: Will we get to see your silk shell top and its matching....bedroom curtain? (I couldn't make this stuff up, folks.) Jenny: Are you recovered? If so, did you cut the Easter dress? Kyle: How's your back feeling? Better, I hope. Amber: How did your "Saturday night" dress turn out?
Honestly, I don't know what to do with some of you. I can nag, cajole, and plead, but I can't sew for you. YOU have to get the job done whether you're fighting the flu or merely in traction. Priorities, priorities.
Now that Spring is here, where are we, peeps? What are you working on and what's still in the planning stages?
What's the project you're MOST excited about?
Tell us about it!
Labels: project planning