Friends, I have become a little obsessed of late with red hair.
Did you know....
- Only 1-2% of the human population has red hair naturally?
- In Medieval times, red hair was thought to be a mark of beastly sexual desire and moral degeneration?
- On the first weekend in September in the Dutch city of Breda, Redhead Day is celebrated and redheads from across the globe swarm there?
Know which country has the highest number of born redheads?
If you guessed Scotland, you're right (13%)!
What I love about red hair is how you can create a wardrobe of colors to set it off. I'm always marveling at how redheads are styled in old color photos. How many of the ladies below can you name?
Yellow, I love a redhead in yellow.
Almost any shade of blue is striking on a redhead.
Red is also great for redheads -- who'd have thought?
And then there's green...
Perhaps my favorite color on a redhead is pink.
Some popular sewing bloggers are redheads. Does she...or doesn't she?
These days, my favorite search on eBay is -- I know it sounds weird -- "used red wig." This yields images that could give a grown man nightmares: proof that people will try to sell absolutely anything online.
Clearly these are styled to move.
|Listing states "needs some combing" (!)|
|There are no words.|
In closing, friends, three questions:
1) Are you now or have you ever been a redhead (natural or otherwise)?
2) If yes, did/do you take your hair color into account when planning your wardrobe? Do you have a favorite contrast color?
3) Can anybody pull off red hair, or does
Have a great day, everybody!