First things first, readers.
Michael requested I make him a leopard-print shirt using the leopard cotton voile I picked up last week, and that's just what he's getting. I cut most of my fabric today and have the fronts, yokes (inner and outer), and back all attached. I think it's going to be a very eye-catching garment! (The cut of the shirt will be traditional.)
|Front (with placket)|
|Back, with center pleat|
Meanwhile, for a long time I've been wanting to replace the collar on the wool plaid "shacket" I made two years ago.
I love the shacket, but the collar stand was always just a little too stiff. So today I finally removed the collar and stand and made new ones. Here's the old collar and stand:
You can see that I used a stiff woven interfacing on the inside stand. It was too inflexible.
The new collar is made with the cotton bird-print fabric I picked up last week. I used a much softer woven interfacing (purchased at Metro Textiles) on the inside collar stand this time around. The bird print is also a softer fabric than the brown cotton I had used originally.
Here it is on the shirt. I like it much better.
Here it is on me.
Meanwhile, there's a new pattern in my life, a 1958 McCall's Claire McCardell playsuit. Very excited to receive it and (hopefully) whip it up this spring. Notice that the shorts, jacket, and top are all cut on the bias. (The skirt's cut on the straight grain.)
Readers, there's much more to tell: I'm back in school at FIT. This semester I'm taking a men's patternmaking class and a more advanced draping class. Classes started last week and I can tell they're going to keep me challenged.
And that's it, More adventures on the way...
Have a great day, everybody!